Green or Natural Burial
L. David Roper
4 April, 2016
"He not busy being born is busy dying."-Bob Dylan
Standard burials of human bodies after death has evolved into a resources-extravagant procedure. Early humans returned bodies to the Earth without expending so many resources. There is a movement seeking to find a modern way to return bodies to the Earth. This is an attempt to describe the new ways to do that.
An on-line guide to natural burial: Be a Tree; the Natural Burial Guide for Turning Yourself into a Forest"
- "We want to see eco-friendly end-of-life rituals become a viable option for honoring the dead, healing the living, and inviting in the divine.
- We want to protect the legitimate benefits of environmentally sustainable deathcare such as the reduction of carbon emissions, toxification, and waste.
- We want to use burial as a means of acquiring, restoring, and stewarding natural areas.
- We want to bring about a new ethic in the field of funeral service; one rooted in transparency, accountability, and ecological responsibility.
- We want to make our deaths make a difference"